The Director of Nursing is responsible to carry out day-to-day patient care operations within the organization. This position reports directly to the administrator.
Qualifications: Professional and Personal:
1. Have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which practicing.
2. Possess a minimum of two (2) years experience in nursing, with a combination of acute cares and home health care/public health preferable.
3. Possess prior supervisory/management experience.
4. A minimum ADN degree in nursing.
5. Maintain good physical and mental health including current TB testing (refer to Health Screening policy).
6. Demonstrate integrity good judgment and initiative.
7. Possess interpersonal skills sufficient to gain acceptance by others, such as other professionals, hospital social workers, physicians, alternative care specialists and community resources representatives in situations, which could have a critical effect on the success of the organization.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Plan direct and participate in delivery of professional services to home care clients.
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning activities.
- Assist in the planning and development of the annual budget.
- Focus services toward diagnosis-specific client care needs.
Coordination of services:
- Participate in hospital care conferences to provide home health care expertise for patient discharges as needed.
- Interface with nurse clinicians/client educators and social workers to provide patient care continuity, between hospital and home.
- Provide consultation to staff regarding new home care nursing treatments.
- Maintain liaison with attending physician.
- Establish and implement priorities for services when resources limitations require.
- Coordinate referrals to other community agencies as appropriate.
- Make recommendations for resources as needed to provide service.
Human Resource Management:
- Participate in the hiring and orientation of personnel.
- Develop and maintain monthly in-service for professional staff, bi-monthly in-service training for para professional staff.
- Provide staff direction through general meetings, timely personnel evaluations and productivity expectations.
- Ensure adequate staff education.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
Reimbursement for Services:
- Screen potential patients for eligibility for home health care benefits through their insurance carrier.
- Conduct monthly review of records to assure continuing home health care patient eligibility.
- Ensure organization status in meeting Medicare waiver of liability.
Policies and Procedures:
- Assist in the organization’s maintenance of Medicare certification through policy and procedure development and follow-through.
- Recommend new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of patient care and efficiency/ effectiveness of services.
- Update patient care procedures annually.
- Assist in overall organization evaluation.
- Develop and implement plan for assuring quality of client care.
- Serve on Partner’s Advisory Board.
- May act in behalf of the Administrator in his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place